Delivering high quality, customer-focused transportation services is difficult. Transit authority management teams and their boards of directors struggle with balancing long-term strategic and financial planning issues, such as routing, fleet composition and replacement, capital investment decisions, and sources of funding, with short-term issues, such as labor/workforce problems and customer services complaints.
Often, the difference between success and failure boils down to knowledge. Knowledge management (KM) is the field that delivers strategies, business processes, information architectures, organizational change management, and leading technology tools for managing knowledge. When done correctly, KM can enhance customer satisfaction, reduce costs, shorten business process cycle times, ensure compliance, and improve decision making.
Iknow has worked with several regional transit authorities to assess their operations and to design and deploy elements of their knowledge management infrastructure. What can we do for you?
We have experience in working across most transportation modes, including:
- Airline (passenger)
- Bus (express, intercity, shuttle)
- Rail (Regional and commuter passenger trains, trolleys)
- Road (toll roads, bus lanes, HOV lanes)
- Truck (freight transport)
- Water (transcontinental freight transport)
We have experience in many of the critical, knowledge-intensive planning, operations, and support functions, including:
- Planning and budgeting
- Fleet operations
- Infrastructure (e.g., trackage, electrification, stations, signaling, right of way)
- Call/contact centers
- Human resources
- Information technology
- Safety and security
- Government affairs
Iknow has conducted over 200 assignments for U.S. state and local transportation authorities, other U.S. federal, state, and local government departments and agencies, foreign governments, small, medium, and large commercial companies, and NGOs/nonprofits in more than 20 industry sectors on four continents.
Recent Iknow transportation clients include:
- Capital Metropolitan Transportation Authority (Austin, Texas)
- Dallas Area Rapid Transit (DART)
- Greater Cleveland Regional Transit Authority
- Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority (MBTA)
- Singapore Airlines
For more information, please contact: