Dr. Bernard L. Palowitch, Jr.
Dr. Bernard L. Palowitch, Jr. is an Engagement Director, Senior Consultant, and Knowledge Management Specialist at Iknow LLC. He has over 38 years of project delivery experience and has led or supported more than 200 significant consulting assignments during his career. Areas of expertise include redesigning business and knowledge processes, realigning workforces, and implementing software products and platforms to enable digital transformation.
- President, Engagement Director, and Senior Consultant, Iknow LLC, 2001–present. Dr. Palowitch designs and delivers knowledge management solutions to clients around the world.
- Senior Partner, Ernst & Young LLP, 1996–2000. Before founding Iknow LLC, Dr. Palowitch was a Senior Partner in Ernst & Young’s management consulting practice. At E&Y, Dr. Palowitch sold and directed client assignments at many of the leading pharmaceutical, biotechnology, and medical device companies. He was the ﬁrm’s global service line leader for both Strategy Services and Knowledge Management in these industries.
- Corporate Director–Business Reengineering at Bristol-Myers Squibb Company, 1992–1996. In this role, he initiated, planned, and directed strategic and process reengineering projects across the company. While at BMS, Dr. Palowitch led enterprise-wide business process reengineering and performance improvement projects in new product development, supply chain, ﬁnance, human resources, and legal areas.
- Senior Project Manager, McKinsey & Company, 1987–1992. At McKinsey, Dr. Palowitch planned and directed strategy and operations improvement assignments at major industrial companies. He was a subject matter expert in manufacturing strategy, manufacturing operations, and the pharmaceutical and biotechnology sector.
- Independent Consultant, 1982–1987. He specialized in advanced process control and industrial automation.
- Doctor of Science degree, Chemical Engineering, from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, 1987. Dr. Palowitch was awarded a National Science Foundation Graduate Research Fellowship.
- Master of Science degree, Management, from the Sloan School at MIT, 1986.
- Bachelor of Science degree, Chemical Engineering, from the University of Pittsburgh, 1982. Summa cum laude. Tau Beta Pi.
- Bachelor of Arts degree, Economics, from the University of Pittsburgh, 1982. Magna cum laude. Phi Beta Kappa.
Dr. Palowitch’s commercial clients include Amgen, Booz Allen Hamilton, British Petroleum, Daimler, Detroit Edison, Dow Jones, Genentech, GlaxoSmithKline, IBM, Johnson & Johnson, Merck, Pﬁzer, PPG Industries, Raytheon, Roche, and Shell Oil Company. He has also worked for many U.S. federal, state, and local government departments and agencies, the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, and the United Nations.
Dr. Palowitch is a member of the:
- Institute of Management Consultants (IMC)
- Association of Independent Information Professionals (AIIP)
- Association of Strategic Alliance Professionals (ASAP)
- Society of Human Resource Management (SHRM)
- AIIM, the enterprise content management industry association
- Association for Computing Machinery (ACM).
Dr. Palowitch is certiﬁed as a Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR) by the Human Resources Certiﬁcation Institute.
Bernie enjoys playing a variety of racquet sports, sailing, and traveling.