Ms. Martha R. Tuthill is an Engagement Director and Subject Matter Expert at Iknow LLC. She has 30 years of consulting and project management experience and has been involved in numerous consulting assignments during her career. She has deep expertise in business transformation, procurement, contract strategy, negotiation, human performance/change management, and the health, public sector, hospitality, and telecommunications industries.
Ms. Tuthill has the following relevant expertise and capabilities:
- Business Process Analysis. Ms. Tuthill has led multiple projects to assess an organization’s current state including the people, policies, practices, procedures, staffing, training, and technology. She understands the importance of the interconnections between each of these important components to obtaining the desired outcomes. Ms. Tuthill has more than 30 years of experience in documenting business and information processes, identifying issues, and fixing the concerns.
- Recommendations and Future State. Ms. Tuthill has more than 30 years of experience helping clients solve their business problems. She has experience understanding key issues and making focused, practical recommendations that agencies can successfully implement. She has experience creating the business case and working with internal and external stakeholders to obtain funding to implement key recommendations.
- Best Practice Contracting. Since leaving Accenture, Ms. Tuthill has specialized in bringing industry standard procurement practices for hiring and managing vendors to state governments. She knows how vendors think and what attracts them to want to work in a particular state. She knows the challenges states have in managing the vendors to deliver to the exact terms of the contract. She has spent the last four years working with Arkansas, Florida, Mississippi, and Texas to solve these challenges.
- Benchmarking. Ms. Tuthill has extensive experience in benchmarking processes against industry standards. She has led projects to benchmark IT organizations, call center organizations, and procurement functions.
- Technology. Ms. Tuthill has experience assessing the current technical environments as well as a deep knowledge of the technology landscape. She has assisted clients envision what technology can do for them.
- Organizational Change Management. Ms. Tuthill has led projects to design organizations, create/update job descriptions, and enable employees to learn content in new and innovative ways. She has led efforts to motivate organizations to embrace change and to adopt new business practices and processes in record times. Most important, she understands how the processes, practices, people, and technology must come together to achieve the desired outcome.
Prior to working with Iknow LLC, Ms. Tuthill started her own consulting company where she partnered with consulting firms and worked with the State of Arkansas, the State of Florida, the State of Mississippi, and the State of Texas on various mission-critical projects.
- Engagement Director, Iknow LLC, 2015 to present
- President, Chesapeake Technology Consulting, Inc. 2011–2015. Clients include the State of Florida, the Department of Children & Families, the State of Texas Department of Families and Protective Services, and the Mississippi Department of Human Services
Accenture 1979–2011. Prior to 2011, Ms. Tuthill was a Global Managing Director in Accenture’s consulting, technology, and outsourcing practice. At Accenture, Ms. Tuthill sold and directed client assignments at many of the leading Fortune 500 companies and federal and state agencies. She was the Managing Director for Delivery of Accenture’s North American Health and Public Service Practice—a $2.5 billion enterprise with 500 service contracts and 10,000 technical professionals serving 150 client organizations. She personally led the most complex contracts including those with Aetna, Amtrak, Ascension, General Dynamics, Highmark, Partners HealthCare, Texas Medicaid, the U.S. Department of Education, United Healthcare, and US VISIT. Prior to that role, Ms. Tuthill held various sales, delivery, and operational roles including Chief Operating Officer of Accenture’s Communications and High Tech Division.
- Managing Director, Health & Public Service Technology, North America, 2009–2011
- Managing Director, IT Outsourcing East, 2008–2009
- Chief Operating Officer, Communications & High Technology, 2006–2008
- Global Technology Delivery Director, 2005–2006
- East Region Technology Director, 2003–2004
- BellSouth Client Account Partner, 1997–2002
- Human Performance Partner, 1991–1996
- Project Manager, 1985–1990
- Technology Analyst and Programmer, 1979–1984
Ms. Tuthill’s state government clients include the State of Arkansas, the State of Florida, the State of Mississippi, and the State of Texas. Her U.S. federal government clients include the U.S. Department of Defense, the U.S. Department of Education, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, and the U.S. Department of the Treasury. Her commercial clients include Atlanta Gas Company, AT&T, Baltimore Gas & Electric, BellSouth, EMC, Partners HealthCare, Peoples Gas, Starwood Hotels, Thames Water, United Parcel Service, and Vodafone.
Ms. Tuthill earned a bachelor of arts degree in computer science and economics from the College of William and Mary, 1979.